Electronically Serving Monterey Park, Alhambra, San Gabriel, & Rosemead

News from Jerome E. Horton Member, 3rd District State Board of Equalization

News from Jerome E. Horton
Member, 3rd District State Board of Equalization
Oxnard Nonprofit Symposium Provides Nonprofits With Valuable Property Tax Strategies





Board of Equalization (BOE) Member Jerome E. Horton, together with City of Oxnard Mayor Pro Tem  Carmen Ramirez, Ventura County Assessor Dan Goodwin,  Santa Monica Councilman Tony Vazquez and Faith and Community Empowerment (FACE) hosted the Nonprofit Empowerment and Exemption Symposium and Expo, an event designed to help nonprofit and faith-based organizations grow and prosper in their work serving local communities on Thursday, September 27, at the Oxnard Performing Arts & Convention Center.
The free event offered over 100 representatives of nonprofit and faith-based organizations a wealth of information on tax essentials, tips, and exemptions in addition to affordable housing, homeownership, and foreclosure prevention.
“Non-profit and faith-based organizations often fill the void that exists when our fellow citizens have a need and neither the government nor private charitable donors step far enough up to the plate,” said Member Horton. “The economic benefits of property tax exemptions can assist these organizations to step in and step up to provide the services that can help those families ensure that their basic needs will be met.”
Featured speakers provided welcoming remarks included Member Horton, Assessor Goodwin, and Oxnard Mayor Pro Tem Carmen Ramirez, and President/CEO Hyepin Im of FACE. The symposium featured presentations and panel discussions on affordable housing and development, funding opportunities, and tax essentials for faith based and nonprofit organizations.
For more information on available property tax exemptions, visit Member Horton’s website at http://www.boe.ca.gov/horton/ and click on the Property Tax Quick Link. To obtain applications for property tax exemptions and additional information, contact your county assessor’s office.

Leave a Response