Electronically Serving Monterey Park, Alhambra, San Gabriel, & Rosemead

CDTFA Offers Tax Relief for Businesses Impacted by Fires

The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) is offering tax relief to those impacted by the fires throughout the state.

Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. issued an emergency proclamation for Butte, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, Nevada, Orange, Solano, Sonoma, and Yuba counties due to the effects of multiple fires, including the Atlas, Canyon, Cascade, Cherokee, LaPorte, Lobo, Potter, Sulphur, and Tubbs fires. Business owners and other tax and fee payers affected by these fires may request extensions to file returns and relief from penalties and/or interest.

Tax and fee payers for the programs below can request relief from penalties and/or interest and ask for an extension of time to file their tax or fee returns either online or by calling CDTFA’s Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-400-7115 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific time), excluding state holidays.

Sales and Use Taxes Oil Spill Response and Administration Fee
Lead-Acid Battery Fee Lumber Products Assessment
Underground Storage Tank Maintenance Fee Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Fee
Natural Gas Surcharge Integrated Waste Management Fee
Energy Resources Surcharge Occupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Fee
Emergency Telephone Users Surcharge Covered Electronic Waste Recycling (eWaste) Fee
Cigarettes and Tobacco Products Taxes and Licensing Marine Invasive Species Fee (Ballast Water Management Fee)
Water Rights Fee California Tire Fee
Fuel Taxes (Diesel Fuel Tax, Interstate User Tax, Use Fuel Tax, Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax, Jet Fuel Tax) Hazardous Substances Fees (Environmental Fee, Generator Fee, Disposal Fee, Facility Fee)
Mobile Telephony Surcharge Timber Yield Tax

Important Notice: Recent legislation created the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) to administer the taxes and fees previously collected by the Board of Equalization, with the exception of Property Tax, Alcoholic Beverage Tax and Insurance Tax. Additional information concerning this recent change can be found at www.boe.ca.gov and ​at www.cdtfa.ca.gov. For more information on other taxes and fees in California, visit the California Tax Service Center.

Leave a Response